At StarVista, we are committed to providing you with updates as we continue to go through this COVID-19 pandemic together. We want to reaffirm our message that we are here! While most of our 30 programs have switched to a Telehealth model, StarVista’s 24/7 programs are still operating in person, including our residential programs for homeless youth and our First Chance Sobering Station.
At the same time, we are continuing to pivot with the uncertainty of this pandemic and are focused on making the necessary adjustments needed to serve our clients, as our programs are needed now more than ever. All the programs are offering services remotely through Zoom, including intakes, assessments, individual, groups, and family sessions, and our clients consistently share that they deeply appreciate that we are still offering services through each of our programs. If you have any questions about our programs always feel free to reach out to our main line at 650-591-9623.
Things are constantly changing, but we wanted to share where StarVista is now:
- As of now, we are mostly seeing clients using Telehealth. We do not have a timeline of when StarVista will see clients in person across all programs – we are doing our best to follow the directions of the SMC Health Officer. Please continue to visit our newsroom for updates.
- Our residential services programs are fully operating and seeing clients in person while providing essential services. At StarVista, there is no higher priority than the safety of our volunteers, staff, and the community we serve. Since the onset of COVID-19, we have taken extra precautions, including increased cleaning and sanitizing of our facilities. We are following the guidance of the CDC, and local and state health agencies.
- One of our services that has had to pivot recently to serve clients is our Children’s Place summer camp, The Kids’ Kamp. Unfortunately, the campsite where the camp takes place every year was closed due to the pandemic, but we are very happy to announce that StarVista will host a wonderful virtual and creative version of Kids’ Kamp, with stories, singing, movement, activities, and of course a few lessons. A weeklong activities package will be delivered to all participants along with some snacks and treats, and we are currently enrolling clients 1st grade through 6th grade. Visit our fundraiser to help support and make this the summer virtual camp a success.
- I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you about a new fundraiser we are working on. We have some great opportunities affiliated to this event. I wanted to share these opportunities with you.
- Become a Changing Lives Inaugural Event Table Captain
- Help secure Corporate Sponsors
- Become a member of StarVista’s Visionary Community of Supporters
- Simply Commit to Attending the Event
These are just some of the ways we continue to provide services to our community. To learn more, visit our website at www.star-vista.org.
I wish you and all those dear to you good health, strength, and fortitude.
Sara Larios Mitchell, Ph.D., MACP