As we near the end of a challenging year, I would like to thank everyone for their support of StarVista. We have been able to keep 100% of our programs in operation during the pandemic, and our services continue to play a vital role in the community we serve. On behalf of everyone at StarVista, we are grateful for your support in helping our agency adapt to meet the needs of our clients.
I am honored to share that our agency accomplished many great things this year, including:
- Provided residential/transitional housing and case management services to more than 1,100 youth
- Served over 1,600 individuals through our First Chance Sobering Station program
- Answered more than 13,000 calls at the Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Center’s hotline and saw a 25% increase in calls this year due to COVID.
- Provided bilingual parental support groups, parent-child activity groups, psychotherapy and other supportive early childhood services to hundreds of families with young children.
- Earned our 2020 Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar in displaying quantitative metrics to represent how hard StarVista is working toward achieving our mission. Visit our nonprofit profile on GuideStar here.
- Hosted our first annual fundraising event, Changing Lives! I would like to once again thank every one of you for helping us make this event a success. To express our gratitude, we created a thank you video for you. Click here to see it.
We feel incredibly fortunate to have accomplished so much this year, and we couldn’t have done it without the work of our amazing staff, interns, and volunteers. They have supported clients in so many ways, and I want to appreciate each one of them for their dedication to our clients and mission.
Our work doesn’t end here. We will continue to be needed in our community to help children, youth, adults, and families overcome life’s challenges and reach their potential. This holiday season, please consider making a gift to our Holiday Campaign and help us continue to empower individuals, inspire hope, and strengthen communities. Click here to donate.
I wish everyone a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season.
Sara Larios Mitchell, Ph.D.